I don’t know if you have noticed, but over the past few years things have changed. It’s getting harder and harder to attract good customers and most “old School” marketing and selling tactics are no longer working. This leaves many power washers who follow what everybody else does and that is – throwing up their hands and giving up.
While your competitors are sticking their heads in the sand and hoping things will change, here are six ways that can help you to be sitting high on top of your marketplace commanding respect and income you deserve.
1. Raise your prices. I know – I know, this always freaks people out, but chances are you are charging to little for your service. Do you know how much it cost for each new customer you get? The question you should be asking is how much can I spend to get a customer not how little and if your prices are too low you won’t be able to attract the customers you want.
2. Become a leader in our industry. That’s right, the sad truth is that 85% people who get into the power washing business will fail and be out of business in less than two years, that’s a lot of turnover. With a little marketing know how you can transform your business into becoming the top 5 % in our industry.
3. Sell without effort or resorting to ‘tricks.’ There is no need to have to browbeat your prospects into submission, simple techniques allows your potential client to effortlessly say “yes” and give you their credit card information.
4. Become a celebrity in your market. Nothing attracts opportunity and money like a celebrity (think of the Kardashians), being a celebrity in you market can propel you to the spotlight where you’ll get more attention, interest, and business in this crazy cluttered, confusing, chaotic marketplace.
5. Protect your “Herd” (aka customers). You want to keep your customers, making sure they keep buying from you and they won’t buy from anyone else. Look its not hard, besides it’s a whole lot cheaper to KEEP a customer than to keep going after new ones.
6. Give your “Mindset” a good kick in the ass. 80% of success in business is psychological, don’t let the way you think sabotage your energy and effectiveness. If you have then change the way you think about your business marketing plan!
On last thing, don’t make the mistake of assuming that you already know it all. That’s what many power washers thought 5 years ago before the business environment changed and their income either declined or stagnated due to more competition, changes in buying habits of consumers and the overall crap that is now out there on the social media networks. Learn, learn learn.
If you need help with changing the way your market your business contact Dan Galvin with Envirospec. He can be reached at 800-346-4876
And remember, as John Allison of EnviroSpec always says “Being in Business is easy. Being Successful is not. Knowledge breeds success.